Home » Funerals in the Coronavirus Pandemic: When You Can’t Gather Together
Funerals in the Coronavirus Pandemic: When You Can’t Gather Together
The coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) has majorly impacted businesses, families, and communities around the world, and is forever shifting the way that people interact with the world around them. The current mandates on social distancing and restrictions on travel are impacting the way families can plan and hold funeral services. As states begin to announce “shelter in place” orders, funeral services are being delayed or canceled to help aid in slowing the progression of the virus. This, of course, impacts the way families can gather, mourn, and honor the lives of their loved ones who have passed away.
Ways to Memorialize Someone When You Can’t Gather for the Funeral
We’ve gathered helpful resources from several leading grief and funeral professionals to help you find meaningful ways to memorialize loved ones who have passed away when you can’t come together for the funeral.
- Funerals in the Time of Coronavirus: Thoughts for Families
- Conducting A Virtual Funeral During The Coronavirus Crisis
- Coronavirus: Daughter plans ‘virtual funeral’ so NI relatives of 78-year-old who passed away in Sheffield can say last farewells
- Funeral homes offer ‘virtual funerals’ amid coronavirus pandemic
- If You Aren’t Able to Have a Funeral for a Loved One
- Funerals in the time of a pandemic – A Toolkit for Children and Families
Most Popular Read: Grief And Loss: An In-Depth Guide To Moving Forward
Mental Health Tips While You Are Social Distancing
There isn’t one right way to cope with difficult situations, and we’ve collected several articles that can help you as you are practicing social distancing. Remember to be patient and kind with yourself as you navigate through these uncertain times.
- When your world is already upside down – Supporting Grieving Children and Teens During the COVID-19 Global Health Crisis
- How to Protect Your Mental Health During ‘Social Distancing’
- How to Survive Social Distancing
- Relaxation Breathing — 3 Tips to Help You Cope During Vulnerable Times
- 5 ways to curb coronavirus-related stress and anxiety
Stay safe, and remember that we are all in this together.